Saturday, June 26, 2010

Episode 642: Stupid, Stupid Virgin Media

So I miscounted, and we're actually short of one bill for our broadband, so I really am living on whatever's in my wallet. Virgin still being stupid and not sending the prepaid envelope, so I sent them a lightly barbed e-mail complaint. I really don't see why they can only send me the envelope after disconnection, when the whole point is that I'm disconnecting because I'm flying out of the country, a fact that I've made very, very explicit in my exchanges with them. Well, I can't imagine what they'd do if we don't send it back. I told them as much in my complaint, saying that they could go ahead and not send me the envelope immediately, if they didn't mind waiting until September to get the equipment back. Blockheads! We'll just have to see if my theory concerning customer relations here is right, i.e. you can pretty much get your own way no matter what by being a bully. Anyway, was meant to attend Will's birthday party, but I'd got started on the archaeology report, and was within spitting distance of the end when it was time to head to Leamington, so I made a responsible decision, and it's now done. It's far from good, but it won't fail because I've demonstrated sufficient understanding in my work, and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. To reward myself, I watched the finale of Doctor Who, which showed this series to have a beautiful symmetry of construction, in its own way. Now to wait until Christmas...

1 comment:

Alex Brown said...

Hi Ian

Sorry to hear you're having problems - if you can drop the Twitter team an e-mail (twitter @ virginmedia.co.uk) with some account details am sure they'll be able to sort this out for you.

Thanks



Alex
Customer Experience
Virgin Media