Sunday, June 20, 2010

Episode 636: Chilling Out Before My Last Paper Of The Year...

Have just finished re-reading my selection of eight poets from The New Poetry, after putting it off successfully for the entire day by buying food and watching TV shows. The selection I made was unsurprising, thematically and in terms of form. I guess you could say my preferences in poetry are somewhat predictable. Okay, very predictable. Am now faced with a choice between watching more of the already-cancelled Defying Gravity, which is one of those vaguely interesting science fiction shows that can't seem to survive in the USA, or continuing to read China MiƩville's The City & The City for next week's review at Evolve Journal. Have got through two chapters so far and it's riveting, although this is partly because I have a rough idea of what the plot is, so I'm very curious to see how it plays out. Will probably read the book instead, since that way I can convince myself I'm working towards clearing some of the stuff that's been accumulating in the space between finishing with examinations and flying home for summer. I've even managed to get involved with tweeting for Evolve Journal, which shouldn't be too hard, provided I can find the time to research material for the tweets, which are all meant to be topical. 10-15 a day is no small task...

1 comment:

Shen Ting said...

It's alright, i'll probably join you in not getting first at the rate things are going!