Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Episode 617: Boxes, Boxes, Boxes...

Managed to get started on revision today, even if it consisted of re-reading EN238 handouts and I haven't actually cracked open The New Poetry yet. Dhruvni, Sophie and I were in Costa for about three hours, before the barista came to chase us out, ostensibly because there were a lot of customers in the queue. Ironically, by the time we actually left, quite a few seats had become empty, definitely more than enough. Plus Sophie hadn't even finished her frescato! So we ended up in Starbucks. (You can see how expensive this not-revising-at-home business is.) Anyway, the boxes have arrived for packing my books to be shipped off, so I've just had a stab at that. What I really need right now is a weighing scale, so if anyone has one that I can borrow for a few days, please let me know! Chris's books will definitely fit into one box, except it'll probably be insanely over the weight limit. The good news, however, is that we'll probably need only three, at most four, boxes. Seven Seas actually delivered four more than what I ordered for some reason, but they take unused ones back and don't charge you, so it's not a problem. In other news, Firstfruits back in Singapore are calling for submissions for a new anthology. Am honestly tempted, since I definitely have six to eight good poems, and since the editor for the anthology is open to taking reprints, I get to resubmit some of my best stuff! Would actually be really cool if I make the cut. We'll see? Off to work out the harmony for that new song Matt wants to do tomorrow, and then bed...

No comments: