Monday, June 21, 2010

Episode 637: Done!

Well, sort of, since there's still that report to write. I wrote a pantoum in the examination, as well as an essay about writing pantoums. Oh, and an essay about why I write. All this without once referring to The New Poetry! Promptly celebrated the end of the academic year by finishing a sizeable bottle of Smirnoff Ice, which has subsequently gone to my head and stayed there, apparently. Possibly drinking on an (almost-)empty stomach wasn't the smartest of decisions! Spent the rest of the evening watching The Golem: How He Came Into The World, which is a silent film, so we had a live band playing accompaniment. It was interesting, and definitely worked to accentuate humorous moments in the film, although I have subsequently discovered that Wikipedia calls it a 'silent horror film', which I personally find a bit baffling. As an introduction for me to German Expressionism though, it was more enjoyable than I thought it would be, even if throughout, I kept thinking that I want to re-read Stanislaw Lem's Golem XIV. (I have it photocopied somewhere in my room back in Singapore.)

No comments: