Thursday, June 24, 2010

Episode 640: I Was Part Of Tennis History!

So I was lame and missed the redelivery. I literally peeked out the window just as the van was pulling away. Annoying. Have given up and decided to go into the city centre tomorrow to pick up the parcel. Then did nothing of use the entire afternoon, although I was part of tennis history because I saw a live streaming of the match between John Isner and Nicolas Mahut at Wimbledon, and actually saw the winning serve! The whole thing lasted 11 hours and five minutes, although I only watched today's part of the match, having become intrigued by all the buzz surrounding what has turned out to be a truly epic game of tennis. (On a frivolous side note, can you imagine a drinking game involving this match? Like a shot for every ace. Or consume a finger every time either player equalises. This could be fatal. Now when's the DVD of the match coming out?) Thankfully, the match ended when it did, or I wouldn't have made it to the launch of Polarity Magazine. Amanda Hopkins, or Kit as she calls herself when doing music, played at the start, and although I didn't think I would, I actually really enjoyed her songs. I liked the stuff that was read out too, but the people who really blew me away were the first-year students who read. Like, just wow. Would've bought some of the stuff from Nine Arches Press, but am a bit low on cash at the moment, so even picking up a copy of the magazine was stretching my wallet dangerously thin for the next couple of days. Oh well. The perils of bungled budgeting...

No comments: