Sunday, June 27, 2010

Episode 643: Party At Sophie's

Managed to finish reading The City & The City on the way back from Sophie's, but I checked and found that there's already a review scheduled to go up this week, so I have some room to breathe. This week is turning out to be a bit more hectic than I thought! Spent the morning in church, so I got to see a couple of people one last time before summer vacation. Then headed to Sophie's place for the barbecue, where I saw the second half of the England-Germany match. As a non-partisan viewer, I had no actual investment in the outcome, but it was quite appalling nonetheless. Stayed until evening because I wanted to come home and write this review, but I had to wait about 45 minutes for the bus, and by the time I got back, all I could think about was packing. I've cleared some books, as well as filled my carry-on luggage, which I suspect is actually overweight now, but I'm going to risk it. I'd say I'm about a third of the way through my packing. It's mostly just separating out which books and clothes I want to leave behind in the UK versus which ones I want to bring back to Singapore. I'm mostly anticipating the problem of third year, when I'll have to bring every thing back at one go, so if I can lug more stuff back this year, I really should. Wish me luck!

No comments: