Saturday, June 12, 2010

Episode 628: Epic Re-reading Session!

Just read Peter Blegvad's The Book Of Leviathan, and that comic is quite possibly the most intelligent and witty one I've ever come across. Well and truly impressed now. Anyway, am I the only one who found Matt Smith's shower scene in tonight's episode gratuitous? He's not terribly unattractive, but not to the point where the writers absolutely had to have him get his kit off. Okay, no more spoilers from me. I did get quite a bit of re-reading done today while I was in the Library, including a few minutes when I totally figured out how to link Keats firmly to both nature and solitude. At the same time! The idea came from his first published poem, 'O Solitude! if I must with thee dwell', which isn't actually one of the set texts, but does bear relating to poems that are. Plus it's a sonnet, and I'm going through a bit of a phase right now. (It'll pass. Eventually.) In other news, my earlier flight is still not confirmed. Am resigned to flying on the original one, but am also thinking it's probably a stupid idea to start the attachment suffering from a case of jet lag. (Not that anyone would actually notice, I think. I'm extremely professional that way.) May try to get a flight somewhere between the two Saturday ones instead. Have actually sent an e-mail to both my mentor at HQ and my scholarship officer in which I suggest that, after apologising profusely for any inconvenience I'm causing. (I just want them to like me. Is that so wrong?) Am actually secretly hoping they'll tell me to book a new flight if I want, but they'll give me a one-week postponement anyway, hence eliminating the jet lag problem! Do you think I'll be that lucky? I was very, very apologetic in my e-mail.

No comments: