Sunday, October 03, 2010

Episode 741: Mountains Of Books To Read...

Back in the Library again for the Internet. Am also picking up a huge stack of books for EN236, although how much of it I will actually get through is doubtful, as always. I'm also going to try to read Alvin Plantinga's The Nature Of Necessity, which is completely unrelated to anything I'm studying, but hey, something that addresses the problem of evil is bound to be interesting on some level, right? Have somehow managed to be invited to have lunch tomorrow with a Taiwanese fresher I met in church this morning, as well as someone she met whom I don't even know. Such uncharacteristic behaviour. Yesterday, it was buying a homeless man food for his dog. Today, it's saying yes to lunch with strangers. What's next? Actually preparing for seminars beforehand? (I jest, surely.) I suppose it's going to be lunch tomorrow, followed by standing in a queue for a while to register for LL241 French 6. The whole process of having to queue feels a bit pointless for someone like me, applying to do a high-level language module, simply because it's not like it's a module that's going to be heavily oversubscribed anyway. I mean, the Language Centre is only running one class for it, as opposed to three for all the levels below it. Yet queue I must, I suppose...

No comments: