Monday, October 04, 2010

Episode 742: Where Are The Submissions?

Yesterday, I finished Dave Egger's Short Short Stories while still in the Library and then started on Today I Wrote Nothing: The Selected Writings Of Daniil Kharms. The former was actually really entertaining, and I wish people would submit flash fiction to Eunoia Review that was like that. Would totally publish them! Submissions have really slowed down by the way, which is a bit worrying. I'm hoping that as more posts go up, more people will stumble across the journal and there'll be sort of a multiplier effect. Of course, I could just post a bunch of links on Facebook, but that's really a bit of a last resort. I mean, I love (some of) my friends' work very much, but I don't want to publish just them or rely on them to fill the posts. That'd really be too insular. (That said, I am taking Rachel's story for the Halloween post!) Anyway, it turns out that reading Richard III first was the wrong move, since Tom Cornford is discussing Hamlet and The Taming Of The Shrew in next week's seminar. Sigh. On the bright side, my NUS Extra card is finally active, so that means I can redeem the Amazon UK discount and start buying books again!

No comments: