Monday, October 11, 2010

Episode 749: Sore Throat...

EN301 lecture today was interesting, although my greatest takeaway from it was just how cool Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of Romeo And Juliet looks. (Carol Rutter did mention that in some way, it's probably more faithful to the effects invoked by Shakespeare's text than say, Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 adaptation, so I feel somewhat justified in my liking it.) Stayed in the Library as usual to grab some shows, and then I'd intended to go to Sophie Mac's straight from campus for her sort-of party to celebrate her EP launch, but ended up waiting about 45 minutes for the U1 and feeling increasingly ill in that time, so I went home instead and read the first act of Hamlet. (I haven't bought the EP yet, but I'll plug it again when I do and you can check it out. It's Sophie Mac's The 'Apples' EP, if you're looking for it on iTunes.) Doubt I'm going to get through more of it tonight, but Alex has already had his seminar with Tom Cornford and says it's not terribly important to have read it all for this week's one, so I probably won't bother anyway. Have developed a bad throat, which I'm hoping will clear up by Friday because that's when I have band practice in church. Oh well...

No comments: