Thursday, October 21, 2010

Episode 759: Finally (Sort Of) Seen Fight Club

Bella managed to get us £5 student tickets for The Author! I thought they weren't doing them for this show, so that was a pleasant surprise. Clearly need to save as much money as I can, after having bought that jacket last night. Still trying to finish Tom McCarthy's C so that I can write my review by Monday evening. Also waiting for the Jonathan Raban book to arrive for my other book review for The Cadaverine. Not sure what to expect from Raban as I've heretofore only heard of him, not read anything by him. Anyway, Dan's birthday at The Somerville Arms was fun. I even had a pint of ale for a change, instead of something boringly predictable (for me) like a bottle of Smirnoff Ice. Can't remember when I last saw so many of the creative writers together in one place. Annie and Kathy came back to ours and we all ordered Domino's. Again. Started watching Fight Club with the rest, but couldn't stay awake till the end, so I went to bed. If the film is at all faithful to the book though, I think it's time I started reading Chuck Palahniuk's stuff.

No comments: