Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Episode 988: Milestones...

A submitter whose work I've rejected a couple of times has just me some poster, inviting me to an event. It's not spam, but still, not cool at all, simply because it's unsolicited. Anyway, this week sees Eunoia Review publishing our first two pieces of creative non-fiction, which is pretty exciting. Yesterday's piece was also the 250th overall to appear on the site, and we've also gone past 150 contributors now. Not bad for what has been, and will probably continue to be for quite a while, a one-man operation. Finished reading the first issue of Stone Telling today, which I quite enjoyed, although I'm not entirely sure if its voices are quite as diverse as the editor suggests. I mean this in the sense that when non-Western cultures are brought in, they don't feel like they have enough depth to be more than token symbols of speculative poetry moving beyond a Western cultural bias. (Curiously though, this magazine is held up as a shining example of diversity by one non-fiction piece included in this issue. The author did also come across as a somewhat polemical feminist with no sense of humour, so I'm not sure how inclined I am to concur with her expressed opinions.) Anyway, I've just finished watching Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and am about to start on Resident Evil: Extinction. Nothing like a bit of silver screen silliness before bed!

No comments: