Saturday, June 11, 2011

Episode 992: One More Magazine To Go!

About to begin editing a poem for resubmission, months after the editor suggested I rework it. I've still got until the end of the month to get it in before the next issue's submission deadline, but it's just been bugging me lately, so I'm going to make a start on it tonight, possibly even finish a redraft. Almost done with the shortlist for the Saboteur Awards as well, just Cake to go. Should be able to finish it tomorrow before going to Coventry for Freya's barbecue. Then I can finally focus on reading all the great novels that have been piling up on my floor without feeling guilty! I've already dipped into most of them, to be honest, just need to set aside time to read more than a handful of pages, time that isn't snatched from what should be spent trying to reestablish something resembling a normal sleep cycle. It seems I'm capable of procrastinating even from my leisure activities. I did spend the late afternoon reading > kill author Issue 8, which I really enjoyed by the way, so at least today proved an exception. It's been more than two weeks since my final paper though, and honestly, the time at home by and large hasn't been spent wisely. Don't even have TV for an excuse, as most of the summer series that I'm following haven't premiered their new seasons yet!

No comments: