Friday, April 10, 2009

Episode 200: Take That, Microsoft

I reformatted my primary hard drive because there were just too many things going wrong. Bluetooth driver, Windows Media Player, JavaScript. All not running properly! So after spending a few hours this morning trying to figure it out, I gave up and decided to use the Dell restore partition and start from a clean slate. So I spent the rest of the afternoon reinstalling software, and so far, none of the problems have resurfaced and virtually all the software that was on the laptop before has been reinstalled. Shen Ting suggests that there was some file corruption, and I'm inclined to agree, except I couldn't trace the source. That and resorting to the restore partition was much more straightforward a solution. As if to remind me of how prone technology is to failing, Vodafone is screwing with my Twitter account. Any update I send by SMS somehow keeps resending itself over and over. I only realised when Vaish told me. It's not stopping, so I've had to temporarily disconnect my handphone from my Twitter account. So I didn't get any work done today, but at least I've managed to stabilise my laptop. Eugene says I should just switch to using a Mac and eliminate all my problems, but I hardly consider that an actual solution. That and it's only a matter of time before people start targeting Mac instead of taking cheap shots at Windows...

No comments: