Saturday, April 25, 2009

Episode 215: Dream A Little Dream Of Me

I did manage to finish reading The Magic Toyshop on the way to London. Even marked out all the pages that I may be able to use in the essay. Anyway, Singapore Day was fun, even though our coach driver was a total bitch! Ate a bunch of local food, which I haven't missed terribly, but it was a nice reminder of home, especially the Katong laksa. I really think the quality suffered as the day went on though, since the laksa wasn't as good the second time that I got it. Walked around with Samantha until Eugene came along, and then we hung out together for a bit before she became otherwise occupied. Kept seeing Yi-xun in the queue next to mine, so we never actually got to talk. I actually saw a lot of people around, so much that Samantha was complaining after walking about with me. All I can say is that we can't all be social butterflies all the time. The entertainment was pretty good, especially once the Dim Sum Dollies came onstage. My only problem with the likes of them is that their humour really appeals to the lowest of common denominators, at least for Singaporeans. So it's forever in danger of crossing the line between class and crass. Not to be snobbish or anything, but there's more in life that's amusing than poking fun at political figures. So after an afternoon of the requisite camwhoring, I spent the trip back trying not to fall asleep while reading some of my secondary sources. Have written about 300 words so far, but I don't think I'm going to continue tonight. Randomly, muruku is seriously addictive.

No comments: