Sunday, April 12, 2009

Episode 202: Frankie's Birthday Surprises

So annoyed! I just lost my continuous streak on Spot The Difference even though I was clearly clicking on a difference that was there. Not the first time this has happened to me! Admittedly, I think this is one of those games that you grow tired of once you hit a sufficiently high score, so maybe now's the time for me to stop playing. It would be one less distraction on Facebook anyway. Just did a bit of surfing because I've got my first sentence of the essay down and consequently feel irrationally accomplished. This is just to say that celebrities are scary, scary people. Just google Jocelyn Wildenstein and you'll see what I mean. If even a fraction of what I've been reading and seeing is true, fame is even more of a curse than I thought. John Waller is my newest Christian music discovery. Randomly, just became his 1000th Facebook fan. Looking for new music is kind of just an excuse to avoid writing my essays though, so I guess I should do more of the latter and less of the former. Haven't got much time left...

Went to Time For Tea for Frankie's first birthday surprise after Easter service. It was quite funny, as we arrived at Time For Tea earlier than the people who were running there from campus. I ordered a full English breakfast this time, which was an excellent choice! Have decided to avoid the milkshakes in future though, since the texture's all wrong. We headed over to the playground after that, where almost everyone had a turn on the swings for some reason. So we spent a lot of time there, which indirectly resulted in us having to wait slightly under an hour for the bus back to campus, in turn delaying Frankie's second surprise at Tocil. The cast for that was roughly double that of the earlier one, so just picture all of us squashed into one of Tocil's kitchens. It was fun in its way, although I think the idea of birthday surprises has kind of lost any sort of meaning among us by now!

No comments: