Monday, October 12, 2009

Episode 385: Free Pizza!

Still don't have my voice fully back yet. All I can manage at the moment is a deep, husky rasp, which I'm sure would pass off as incredibly sexy, except that I don't know how to make it sound sexy instead of ill. It's just as well that I already told Bella I'm not auditioning for the musical. Just came out of a Warwick Student Cinema meeting for people who want to get involved in the society. I'm thinking of writing film reviews for them, possibly working on titles and graphics as well. There was free pizza at the meeting as well, which explained why Keegan was there. Not that I wasn't happy to get a free dinner myself, but it wasn't really my main aim in going down, believe it or not. I'm just waiting for my downloads to be done, and then I'm going home to get some rest. I did manage to finish reading the extract from Homer as well as the Auden poem, both of which I enjoyed, although I'm not so sure what I think about the Homer translation. Felt a bit stilted to me. I do have an idea for what my poem is going to be about though. It's possibly going to be a piece written from the perspective of the dead Patroclus. Not very sure yet what he's going to say, but I'm sure I can figure it out tomorrow after French.

No comments: