Sunday, October 18, 2009

Episode 391: Jason Statham: My New Favourite Action Movie Guy

Haven't been online all day because I figured it just wasn't worth the trouble to lug my laptop around for the sake of checking my e-mails and Facebook. (Found out through Twitter that there wasn't a new episode of Merlin this week.) Got home after the student lunch in church and started to read, but I feel asleep after a while. Woke up in time to make myself dinner though. Keegan called to ask if I had dinner plans, but he was five minutes too late because the food was already in the oven. Am now watching Crank, which at first seemed like a pointless action movie, but actually, the cinematography is pretty interesting, in a form-mirrors-content kind of way. It's like watching a live-action video game on fastforward. That and Jason Statham's English accent is refreshingly different. For a pointless action movie. Can't decide if I'm going to spend another couple of hours watching the sequel, Crank: High Voltage, or bone up on irregular French verbs for Tuesday's lesson. Still need to translate the first few paragraphs of La Déclaration des droits de l'homme et du citoyen. I should probably try to finish that tonight if I can, just because I'm not lugging a heavy dictionary to campus tomorrow just so I can work on it in the Library.

No comments: