Thursday, October 22, 2009

Episode 395: Sleepy, Sleepy, Sleepy...

We were writing ghazals today in EN238, which was good fun. David Morley said mine had intensity, the kind that makes you want to know who the poem is addressed to. Of course, I was completely making it up, but it sounded honest. The EN227 lecture and seminar helped to clarify my thoughts on 'Beachy Head', and I feel like I'm in a better position to appreciate the poem now. Hung around on campus for a while more with Alex, Kathy, Laura and Sophie, before heading back home to finish the story for tomorrow's seminar. Managed to do that, but I'm not quite satisfied with it, although Samantha likes it. It'll have to do. Baked myself some chicken for dinner before heading to the Ugly Cousins social. Didn't head over to Leamington with them because I had six hours of sleep yesterday, I'm probably going to have six tomorrow before my arduous fieldwalking session on Saturday, so I figured I should try to get in at least seven tonight. Having finally got Internet this morning though, I'm finding it hard to get myself off my laptop!

No comments: