Sunday, October 25, 2009

Episode 398: Third Time's A Charm?

Haven't been in the mood to read or write because of my head, which still feels like a blocked sink, but I did manage to bang out about 150 words for my French homework. Will have to work on the poems and flash fictions over the next couple of days, even though I'd hoped to complete at least the ghazal by tonight and finish the Coleridge reading for Thursday's lecture. Argh. Being sick is awful. You know, that physical state when you're not ill enough to be incapacitated and collapsed in bed, but neither are you fighting fit (or fit as a fiddle, if you prefer a musical simile instead). I think I might be on the road to recovery though, especially if I have a really good night's sleep tonight. Anyway, I took a leap of faith today. Or two. Or three. Have already got one positive outcome, so that was a good start. Three out of three is a bit much to hope for, but hey, a guy can always dream. Right? Was feeling a bit upset earlier in the evening because of some stuff that hadn't gone as I'd expected, but there's nothing I can do about it except try again, through some other avenue.

No comments: