Friday, October 16, 2009

Episode 389: Music Derailed My Afternoon Plans

George made some helpful comments about my piece today, which have given me some ideas on what I can do with it, if I want to pursue the character of Henrietta 'Fatty Hattie' Winters any further. I already have a new idea that incorporates some of the stuff wed did during today's seminar, so perhaps I will end up stringing together some sort of longer piece involving this character. It's kind of exciting actually, to have ideas for stories. Meant to spend some time in the Library working, but apart from reading the handouts from yesterday's EN238 seminar, I've done absolutely no work. I have expanded my music collection though! I've been repeatedly listening to Blake Lewis's new album, Heartbreak On Vinyl, for the last couple of days. The first half is so brilliantly catchy that I just keep looping it instead of going on to the second half of the album, which is a shame because I'm sure it can't be too shabby either. On a side note, my laptop is starting to crash again. Not as frequently as that time when I ended up reformatting the whole thing, but still, twice in two days is a little worrying.

No comments: