Friday, August 10, 2012

Episode 1418: 33% To The Finishing Line...

Am about a third of the way to the combined word count of my dissertation and essay, which is a reasonable place to be, I guess? Still have three weeks to go before they're due. Was so determined to write something today (managed two paragraphs in the end) that I denied myself the new episode of Suits. (Am saving it for the coach journey to London tomorrow, which is typically stultifying. Might also bring along a Thomas E. Sniegoski novel or two, am really getting into his Remy Chandler series. It reminds me of Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files, but substituting a seraph-turned-PI as the main protagonist.) Although I think I've proven to myself that I don't need to be in the Library to write a decent-sized chunk, I'm wondering if it might be worth relocating next week. Fairly sure that if I could get up early, one full afternoon of work, two at the most, could see me producing a good second chapter, i.e. not requiring major revising in my supervisor's eyes. Of course, I could be wildly misjudging the calibre of my writing here, and maybe that first chapter I sent him is horrible and I'm basically screwed, but I'd like to think that's not the case.

No comments: