Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Episode 1429: One More Chapter Down!

Just got back from drinks in The Dirty Duck with the MA people. All this hanging out is probably what I'm going to miss most about being at university. Can't imagine that Singaporean teachers, in particular, have a lot of time to just randomly meet their friends for drinks whenever they feel like it! Anyway, my second chapter is done and sent to my supervisor. Might tweak it when I re-read it tomorrow, but otherwise, onward to the final chapter! Don't really know why I bothered sending it to him though, since if he takes more than a couple of days to get back to me, I won't have time to make any changes anyway, before I need to send the whole thing in for binding. I am starting to wonder if I might have to cut words out, by the time it's all done, even with the +/- 10% leeway given by the department. I suppose the final chapter will be shorter, since there won't really be critics that I need to reference, which does tend to eat up the word count very quickly. The problem is that there are four poems that I want to focus on in this last chapter, which feels like too many, although to be fair, I'm only looking at the really specific bits that fit my thesis, as opposed to going through the whole poem. We'll see...

No comments: