Sunday, August 12, 2012

Episode 1420: 1000th Piece Up At Eunoia Review!

Elected not to go to Tesco in the end because all I really wanted to do was go to bed. Just means that I'll have to go tomorrow! Decided that I wasn't going to do any work today, and ended up watching the Olympics closing ceremony instead. Can I just say that I had no idea Taio Cruz is British? Based on the kind of music he makes, I've always assumed that he's American and based in Los Angeles. Also, while I like a couple of Jessie J's singles, there's something about her live singing that just puts me off. It's like there's not enough control to it. Anyway, today was also a historic moment for Eunoia Review, as the 1000th piece of work went live on the site this afternoon! (In less pleasant news, the e-mails from family of one writer urging me to nominate her for the Best Of The Net anthology continue to arrive. The latest is even spammier than usual, since the e-mail signature informs me that 'Nobody should have to overpay for insurance, please refer your friends and family.' The bizarre mixing of fonts in the body of the e-mails also continues. Are the family members just copying chunks from a chain e-mail the writer circulated to them? Frankly, if these poems had any shot at getting nominated to begin with, she pretty much ruined it for herself.)

No comments: