Monday, August 27, 2012

Episode 1435: Dissertation's In The Bag!

So the dissertation's finally in the bag. I finished it at just after 5 am, having listened to the new Owl City album. Twice. (I was never really into 'Fireflies', but I really like 'Good Time', his collaboration with Carly Rae Jepsen, and the rest of The Midsummer Station pretty much sounds like that, i.e. unabashedly cheesy, summery pop, and we all know how much I love that kind of music.) Now just the elegy essay to go! Probably not going to start writing that till Wednesday, since I still have some reading that I want to do for it, and I'm honestly not going to get much done today. Still way too sleepy! Not even going to try and read an article or book chapter. Figure it's better to just go to bed at a 'normal' hour for a change. Also had a piece of good news in the afternoon. Found out a story I submitted to The Misfit Quarterly has been accepted for the inaugural issue, which is out in a couple of months. I'm really pleased by this, as I think what Misfit, Inc. does in general is pretty cool, so it's an honour to be part of their new journal.

No comments: