Thursday, June 04, 2009

Episode 255: Post-Varsity Industry

It's now a little after 2 am, and I'm about to try and finish reading Williams's Selected Poems. I've pretty much decided that I prefer his early work. Not to say that the later poems are bad, but for me they lack that spare quality which was the appeal of his early poems, and more succinctly conveyed his position, 'No ideas but in things.' I'm finding the stepped triadic line particularly irritating. I've got a book here that may shed some light on the complexities of it, but I'd just like to point out that it is rather trying on the eye to shift focus just a little bit across the page with every single line. Anyway, I've decided that the Library actually does make me more productive, as I don't have ready access to all my TV shows. (I think I've said this before!) I will probably not go to the Library on Friday though, as I'm almost done with reading the primary texts and will be moving on to criticism, including all those Cambridge Companions that I've downloaded. Everyone's hating on my Facebook status at the moment, and replying is actually keeping me from getting started on Williams, so I'm just going to get to the end of the selection from this collection, and then I'm going to shut my laptop and crawl into bed to finish the rest because it's too cold!

No comments: