Saturday, June 06, 2009

Episode 257: Modernism? Postmodernism? Does Anyone Even Care?

Have started reading my secondary critical stuff and have already managed to round up some snazzy quotes. Now if only I could remember all of them! I've pretty much sorted out Q7 in my head, even though it's the question I've done less reading for. Still not sure what sort of argument I'm trying to make for Q3, although chronology might possibly be a point I want to raise, except that I'd then have to deal with the whole modernism-versus-postmodernism thing, which I'm keen to avoid because I think for me it'd end up muddying the waters rather than clarifying them. We shall see! Need to get some serious, hardcore reading done after church tomorrow. Dinner at Jerrick's went well, although I still have an entire jar of pasta sauce, and it probably wasn't a good idea to spend so long nattering away after dinner and dessert were actually done. Maybe I'll try to return the jar of sauce at Tesco? Feels like too much effort though. Might as well just use it at some point in the next three weeks. Anyway, I got so tired of procrastinating that I've written a parody of Robert Frost's 'Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening'. I actually think it's not bad, so I've posted it as a Facebook note for the amusement of my friends. I even tagged my tutor!

No comments: