Sunday, June 28, 2009

Episode 279: I'm Bored...

I've been back less than a week and I'm already bored. Just finished reading May Barry's Jennifer Government. Was quite impressed by how the different storylines began converging as the book progressed, but I think the ending could have been better handled. Left me feeling like there was something more to be said, like it could have been the start of a great series. I like corporate satire though, and this is an interesting riff on the subject. Plans to turn it into a movie have stalled, it seems, although I remain hopeful. It would be awesomely entertaining, you know it would! Tomorrow, I'm going to start reading some poetry for next year's modules. Managed to see an episode each of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and CSI: NY. I quite like Laurence Fishburne's character in the former, although I'm not sure that he can quite fill Grissom's shoes on the show. I'm starting to realise how awful it is to have all my favourite shows not airing new episodes during summer. It's an opportunity to catch up on stuff that I've got on my hard drive, I suppose. That and the mediocre drama on local TV.

No comments: