Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Episode 267: Stratford-upon-Avon

I can't believe I was woken up by a fire alarm at 5.30 am. Whoever was going around setting those things off on campus, you are one sick person. It's not even a funny joke! So that was pretty much my sleep ruined. Still woke up in time to catch the 16 to Stratford-upon-Avon. I arrived at the bus stop right before the 16. Talk about brilliant timing, huh? Anyway, my first impression of Stratford-upon-Avon is that it's a tourist town trying to be a rustic village. It's kind of weird because when you walk down High Street there, it looks like any other main shopping belt in the UK. Can anyone say clone town? That said, the place does serve its purpose, preserving a piece of English heritage. I'm not sure why we're not allowed to take pictures in the houses though. Would have sneaked some, but then again, the interiors weren't entirely the sort of thing worth snapping pictures off. Interesting historical value, but well, let's just say that the exteriors were picturesque enough to compensate. I also had one of the most fantastic loaded jacket potatoes ever! Bacon, cheese and mushrooms. Yummy! Had a good time walking about the town, and managed to avoid spending unnecessary cash, so that's always good. Even made it back in time for dinner and cell, though I think my sharing was a bit incoherent because my blocked nose has been giving me a headache. Urgh. Hopefully, I'll feel better after a night's sleep.

No comments: