Saturday, May 08, 2010

Episode 593: Around The World In 80 Dishes

That's the name of the restaurant that Lola had her birthday dinner at. It's got the same concept as Cosmo in Coventry, although being in Birmingham, I think there's a definite edge there already. I didn't actually get around to trying all the dishes (I never do at buffets, sadly), but the vindaloo was properly spicy, so that was good enough for me. Plus they weren't offering 'Singaporean noodles' in the Asian section, so thank goodness for that. (They don't exist in Singapore, in case you were wondering. No idea why they're called that, although some of my friends and I reckon it's just because the noodles are spicy.) Also had the first session of the last module for my Archaeology certificate, which was okay. I'd gone in hoping to be able to skip a session or two here and there, but it seems like if I want to actually understand what I have to do for the assessment, I can't. Oh well. May very well still have to skip the last one though, as it clashes with my EN238 examination. I guess what I need to do is aim to finish the work before that last session, but I don't know if I can be bothered. Argh. I really just want it to be over. Like with my psychology diploma the year before I came to university, I think my intellectual flirtation with archaeology has burnt itself out. Am definitely not going to burden myself with an Open Studies Certificate next year, although I'd initially planned to. Partly because all the other certificates have full 10-week modules, and living in Leamington next year, I really don't feel like travelling to campus just for that, especially if I've got nothing else on campus that day.

No comments: