Monday, May 24, 2010

Episode 609: Tanning!

Second-time lucky with Asia Writes, who've taken a poem and a flash fiction that I've been shopping around and getting it rejected, so that's good. Their site is actually a really useful resource if you're an Asian writer. I think I'm pretty satisfied with how this round of submissions has gone in general now. In fact, it's probably been the most successful of the three major batches I've sent out since February! Anyway, to make the most of the blazing sun while it's still with us (clouds and rain predicted for the next week or so), for the second afternoon in a row, I took off my top in the back garden and tanned while reading Stephen Clarke, in an attempt to arrive back in Singapore browner than when I left. The problem with tanning in my back garden is that the shadow cast by the house keeps creeping towards me, so I have to keep shifting my chair every quarter of an hour. I was out for an hour and a half, but sadly, I don't think I'm any darker! Quite disappointed. I did finish reading Dial M For Merde, so that's Clarke's stuff done with. Am now going to alternate between Clive Barker and China Miéville, and somehow squeeze in revision. Oh, and more tanning if the sun comes back! Haha...

No comments: