Sunday, May 23, 2010

Episode 608: Amazon Associate

If you read this blog regularly, you might have noticed that there are a few more banners up there than usual. That's because I'm now officially an Amazon Associate, so I'm trying to drive more traffic to their website and get people to purchase stuff. So if you'd like to help me and you're going to buy something anyway, just click that banner. Of course, I'm only doing this at the recommendation of the editor of that reviewing gig that hasn't yet been confirmed (it's the main way we're going to get paid eventually), so I'll probably take it all down if that doesn't work out. On the other hand, I'm really getting into the whole idea of using the Internet to make money. Nothing too hard. Just lame things like completing polls and reading/rating badly written articles. We'll see how long I can stay interested. I just figured since I'm online so much, I might as well try and get some money out of it. The 12 was being diverted because of today's marathon, so I skipped the morning service at church and went to the combined Pentecost service at Coventry Cathedral. Was tempted not to go because the weather was so good and I just wanted to stay in my back garden, working on my tan. Apparently, the temperature is going back down to tolerable levels soon, but if the sun stays out, I'll be spending more time in the garden. Who knows? I might get back to Singapore more tanned than when I left it.

No comments: