Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Episode 611: Kissing Standing Up

Met Jerrick for lunch at Nando's and then did some shopping in Primark (two pairs of slim fit shorts) and Topman (two more of my favourite baseball t-shirts). Would have bought more shorts at Primark, but I wasn't quite prepared to venture into something other than solid colours. Spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in Starbucks, reading Paul Hyland's Getting Into Poetry, which I really wish I'd read before I ever sent off anything for publication because the bits in there dealing with that whole process really help to keep things in perspective. Met Dan after that and saw Mixed Things Theatre's Kissing Standing Up at The Tin Angel. I don't think I've ever been at a play as part of an audience of four, but I don't think the play was any worse off for that. It was an interesting piece of theatre, propelled predominantly by the energy of the cast, with some of the most odd breaking of the fourth wall I've ever encountered. Well, not that there were the standard three walls to begin with. Anyway, Randomly, I just saw a pretty impressive cover of Lady Gaga's 'Paparazzi' by Vice. Who'd have thought you could still find a boyband these days that can actually sing? You can check it out here.

No comments: